Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
One of the many things I've always admired about J.K. Rowling's writing is her ability to pull the reader into the book, so much so that it's hard to find a good "stopping point". I feel as though I can really connect with the characters. I feel as though I have been in their position, even though I haven't. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is one of those books that people really wish were true; the whole series makes this same craving. The characters are fantastic. I love them and I know all their attitudes to events and I can predict the things they say. The reason I love to read is the fact that very descriptive books like this one can make a movie in your mind. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is so descriptive that sometimes I look at something and think, Wow! That looks just like the toy described in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
My favorite type of books is the one with action, humor and fantasy. When I say fantasy, I don't mean flying ponies and fairies, though this book has things like that; I mean Quidditch and Hagrid, the half-giant, not just spells but curses and hexes. In this particular book action doesn't have guns, with the exception of the odd reference, but wand battles and death eaters, not to mention He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It's an exceptional book and I recommend it to everyone and anyone who loves laughing, crying and smiling.
This book sounds very interesting. I also like to read fantasy but I love a book with comedy and action. Although it would take me a long time to get up to date with the series, I should start reading Harry Potter books again.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletecool way to describe the book rachel nice job
ReplyDeletesounds like a great book. good job
ReplyDeleteFantastic job Rachel. Your writing makes me think that blogging is easy (which it really isin't. This entry also makes me want to try reading the Harry Potter books again. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Everyone that means a lot!
ReplyDeleteI think your right this book is very interesting and when I read it I loved it! These are some of my favorite books.
ReplyDeleteLove that you said "stopping point." Your an natraul blogger!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I really liked Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which came as a relief because I did NOT love Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. At all. I was worried that the series had run its course before it reached the end. Again. Relief.
ReplyDeleteI am a huge fan of action/fantasy books. Some have felt a little too formula (ahem Eragon), but others I have loved. Have you read Johnathan Stroud's Bartamaeus Trilogy? Double loved. Also Libba Bray's Great and Terrible Beauty?
Keep reading!