Bone by Jeff Smith is a graphic novel about, what you would guess, a bone. Fone Bone is the main character of the book and is witty and funny. The plot of the book is quite gripping and Fone Bone makes everything interesting. The general plot in the first book is that Fone Bone is looking for his cousins. One of which was chased out of Boneville. Boneville is the town for all the bones. Though it is a graphic novel I feel as though it has more than enough words to explain the story and the pictures of course are always a big part of graphic novels. A lot of graphic novels aren't considered books because there are so many pictures and not just words. I think just because a book has pictures doesn't mean its not a novel. I believe graphic novels are just as good as books and novels. They explain stories just as much as books and their characters are almost even more clear. The only bad thing I can say is that it takes only a little imagination to visualize the characters since it is done for you. I love making a movie in my mind with books, it is one of my favorite parts of reading, and when I can't it is a little bit of a let down.
I recommend Bone to everyone. It is fun, smart and funny with a great plot. Jeff Smith did a fabulous job describing Fone Bone and his cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.