Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway is one of my favorite books. I usually don't read books like this. It has a lot of drama but is hilarious. Robin Benway, the author, did a fantastic job of describing what Audrey was going through. Audrey was dating someone who she broke up with and he wrote a song about her. The song was called, Audrey, Wait!. The song is called that because as Audrey was leaving his house after she broke up with him he called, "Audrey, wait!" and she pretended not to hear him. The book is about Audrey's struggle to stay a normal teenager and lead an average life. As the paparazzi storms her and writers for various magazines try to interview her, she struggles to still have privacy and still have fun.
Her friend, Victoria, loves the attention, though. Audrey keeps getting sent free stuff and Victoria enjoys them while Audrey dislikes them. Audrey and Victoria's friendship is stretched and tested as they go on this journey. The end of this book was shocking but very well done. I loved this book and the characters in it. I felt connected to them even though I haven't been put through situations like this. I loved this book and recommend this to anyone and everyone who likes drama and hilarious dialogue and plot twists.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.