Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay is one of the best books I have ever read. I previously did a blog about the first book in the trilogy, The Hunger Games. I had great things to say about that one as I do this one. I love all the characters and I think it's safe to say that I am obsessed with Peeta Mellark. This third book is about what happens after Katniss, Beetee and Finnick escape the Quarter Quill and defy the capitol. If you haven't read the first two books don't read any further as there will be spoilers about the first and second books, just proceed to the next *. Katniss has agreed to be the Mockingjay as long as the other tributes are not punished for anything they have or might say or do. Along with other agreements she is gussied up and put in front of the camera. Unfortunately her acting skills are not up to snuff and she is plunged into battle to have a real affect.
*Now for the non-spoilers. The characters in these books or so real and so likable, that I feel truly connected to them. Peeta, Gale, Katniss and Prim are some of the most well described characters I have ever come across. They all have very different attitudes towards things but are all amazing. Katniss is brave and has a just-doesn't-care attitude. Gale is the man of his family even though he's only eighteen and is also valiant and brave in his own way. Peeta has never had love and once he finds it his heart is broken so fast it hurts me, too, he is also so sweet and kind. Prim is so brave but I can also imagine having her as a loving little sister who I tell everything to and looks up to me. Words cannot describe the connection I feel with these characters and if there is any series I could more ecstatic about some one tell me. I have a feeling the movie is going to be spectacular but won't do the books justice. I strongly recommend every one with a craving for books with romance and action read this series. I also suggest that you read it before seeing the movie so you can be surprised at what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.