Thursday, May 3, 2012

Endurance by Alfred Lansing

Endurance by Alfred Lansing is a phenomenal novel about Shackleton's voyage to Antarctica. The description it uses to bring the setting and characters alive is amazing. When I'm reading it I feel like I'm on the Endurance and in Antarctica. Shackleton and his many crewman fight to try to cross the Antarctic Ocean. Shackleton takes many journeys and gets so close to being the first person to get to Antarctica, but he didn't succeed. He was so close to getting there, though, that he was knighted and was respected in a lot of countries all over the world. I'm not very far through the book because it's very hard to get through. Not because it's bad but because it's a hard read with a lot of large vocabulary. The parts I have read though are great. One of the many reasons this book is looking so good is the fact that it is the sea voyage and an adventure story. This specific voyage is not his first as I explained before. He wanted to break the boundaries between just adventure and exploration of places never seen before. This book is amazing and I think that almost anyone would enjoy it and love it as much as I do. I have learned how to use large vocabulary words in the right context and in ways that bring words alive much like in the pages of this novel. I recommend this book to anyone who is a confident reader but loves adventure and true stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.